A stroll through the town cemetery finds many
markers of Civil War soldiers and others honoring our beloved ancestors, relatives, pastors, and
friends. Burial dates start from
1811. The northwest corner of the
is where the first town hall and “free”
house was built. It was here that town
and community meetings and church services were held.
The map below is provided to indicate the general area
of the cemetery a selected person is located.
To search for a name, click on the letter of the last name
of the person desired from the list above.
A printed copy of all persons buried in this cemetery
is available from George Davenport. Price is 12.50 postpaid. Should you have questions or helpful comments, please advise. If errors are discovered or additional facts offered, please e-mail same.
In 1987 Julia P. Harriett compiled “A History and Genealogy of Jones County, North Carolina” which is available as a reference in the Trenton Public Library and is very useful in historical and genealogical research. Other genealogical information specific to this area might be found at the following sites: